If you are an experienced business and corporate law attorney who would like to take ownership in providing excellence to clients and grow this department alongside of us, we want to talk with you!
Our growing law firm is seeking a Business Law Senior Attorney to manage a large caseload of matters consisting of Business and Corporate Law for our Murrieta location. We have cultivated a remarkable team that embraces the belief that the work we do is more than just a job, it is a way to help protect the lives of the families and businesses we serve.
The Candidate will have:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and licensed with the California State Bar.
- Must have 3+ years of Business Law experience.
- Experience handling matters from inception to conclusion, including meeting with clients, developing a comprehensive strategy, preparing and executing engagement letter, negotiating with opposing counsel, and drafting and preparing contracts and business and corporate documents to meet the client’s objectives.
- In-depth experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating business contracts to include, but is not limited to: non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, subcontractor agreements, operating contracts, partnership agreements, surrender and release agreements, asset sale contracts, buy-sell agreements, and stock sale agreements.
- In-depth experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating corporate documents to include, but is not limited to: annual/special shareholder and director minutes, shareholder agreements, Limited Liability Company and Partnership formation documents, Buy/Sell Agreements, and all standard Corporate formation documents.
- Working understanding of ancillary documents involved in entity formation from the Secretary of State, IRS, and Department of Business Oversight.
- Effective, clear, concise, and accurate communication, both oral and written, at an appropriate level to the situation and the client.
- Working knowledge of how business entities and transactions are taxed, business structure, financial statements, daily business operations, and investments.
- Great ability to focus under pressure and the willingness to do what needs to be done to ensure a project is done effectively and appropriately.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and integrity in the handling of personal client information, including following the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Have strong computer skills with extensive experience using MS Office Suite, time keeping and case management software.
- Tax experience a plus.
- Ability to self-start, meet deadlines, prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, work well with change in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client files (digital and hard copy).
- Ability to cultivate relationships with the firm’s existing and future clients by maintaining consistent and timely communication.
- Ability to develop a client following to increase the firm’s revenues.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation dependent on experience and qualifications, with bonus incentives.
- Recognized work-life balance.
- Paid Holidays.
- Personal Time Off.
- Health Insurance available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000 – $150,000.00 per year including bonuses..
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter with desired salary request and resume to SLfileclerk@gmail.com. Please use the exact subject line “Your Next Yenrotta” when submitting the documents.
Shoup Legal, A Professional Law Corporation
39755 Date Street, Suite 203
Murrieta, California 92563
951-445-4114 – telephone
951-445-4108 – fax