We have an opening for a Compensation Manager.
This position may sit in any of our U.S. offices.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Performance Manager, Talent Management and working collaboratively with stakeholders, the Compensation Manager manages the various compensation programs and activities, including base pay, incentive pay, surveys and compensation analytics. Additional responsibilities include job revisions, market pricing, and maintaining salary structures.
In this capacity, the Compensation Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Designs, evaluates, modifies and manages compensation policies and practices to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements;
- Analyzes compensation policies, government regulations and prevailing rates to develop competitive compensation plans;
- Fulfills all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including internationally;
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of compensation policies, including hiring managers;
- Prepares new and updates current job descriptions as appropriate;
- Prepares and manages compensation budgets;
- Manages compensation processes, including communications, system functionality, and collaboration with administrative department leaders, associate lock-step pay changes and bonuses, staff merit pay and bonuses, paralegal pay changes and bonuses;
- Works collaboratively with administrative functions to build support of compensation processes within the framework available;
- Analyzes internal and external salary statistics, including survey results, to provide recommendations and strategies for changes to salary grades and for classification of new jobs;
- Consults with hiring managers and talent acquisition to determine appropriate base pay for new hire offers; consults with managers to determine appropriate response to requests for retention and signing bonuses;
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional teams to solve compensation-related business challenges and provide guidance; and
- Handles other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as human resources, business administration or finance, or relevant work experience, Master’s degree preferred; Certified Compensation Professional certificate preferred;
- 5+ years of a compensation analytical role, including demonstrated use of or development of compensation best practices;
- Ability to work independently on numerous activities and prioritize them properly while meeting deadlines;
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in a professional services or legal environment (preferred);
- Experience working with cross functional teams to gather information/data needed;
- Experience in analyzing trends, monitoring issues, and crafting innovative solutions;
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Advance proficiency in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making while exercising good judgment;
- Advanced-level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with a high level of detail and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Successful candidates will possess strong project management and organizational skills;
- Advanced-level proficiency using HCM enterprise software (Workday preferred);
- Knowledge of Human Resources practices and principles; Expert knowledge in compensation related laws and regulations; and
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information and data.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Qualified applicants should apply via the link below: