Higgs Fletcher & Mack LLP, one of San Diego’s oldest and most prestigious downtown law firms, has an opening for an Intellectual Property Paralegal with Trademarks experience. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist in the preparation, filing, and prosecution of trademark applications in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and trademark offices in various other countries.
- Assist with all aspects of trademark registration, maintenance, and renewals.
- Perform trademark clearance searches.
- Ensure timely compliance to the deadline requirements established by the USPTO and other offices. Assist in intellectual property enforcement matters by preparing and filing various pleadings, motions, discovery responses, and similar documents.
- Draft client correspondence and various legal documents.
- Review and coordinate attorneys’ billings.
- Perform administrative support functions, such as preparing agendas and reports for client meetings, preparing and maintaining spreadsheets of clients’ intellectual property portfolios, and coordinating and scheduling client meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Paralegal Certificate.
- Minimum of five years of Intellectual Property Paralegal experience, including significant experience with trademark matters.
- Preferred but not required: experience with patent and copyright prosecution and enforcement.
- Working knowledge of USPTO rules and USPTO EFS systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail.