The Help Desk will have the appropriate technical expertise to work with all levels of the organization’s personnel to install, maintain, and repair and/or upgrade end-user IT hardware or software. In addition, for end-users requesting technical service and support this person will work towards maximizing productivity by providing exceptional user support across the LAN and WAN environments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The essential functions require the Help Desk position is to take calls, provide remote support and visit floor locations to install, troubleshoot, maintain and support IT applications and equipment – such as laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers, monitors, telephones, etc.
- Create new user accounts and associate accounts to the appropriate groups for access rights.
- Responds to all daily requests for IT technical service and support via phone, email, voicemail, in-person.
- Displays the highest level of customer service, interpersonal skills, and professionalism by responding to customer needs in a timely and supportive manner, without delay.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Setups and maintains multimedia and video conferencing systems for internal/external meetings.
- Flexible and available to work after-hours and overtime as needed.
- If necessary, deal with third-party support and equipment vendors.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of experience in a technical support position. Law firm experience is a major plus Support role.
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience creating and maintaining high quality end-user technical documentation.
- Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and Microsoft Office 2016 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience supporting legal software preferred.
- Support of HP LaserJet multi-function devices (MFDs) preferred.
- Previous User and Workstation Microsoft Active Directory administration required.
- Experience with basic server room management, cable management/patch panels, and IT server room racking a plus.
- Ability to lift and move equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please contact Wendy Whitemore at firstname.lastname@example.org.