Our statewide law firm is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant for our San Diego office. If chosen as the successful candidate, you will be responsible for assisting the Accounting department in various accounting functions which support our Business Real Estate Group, including accounts receivable, billing, and reporting.
WHO WE ARE:
With over 40 years in the California legal industry and five offices statewide, our firm was founded on a commitment to customer service that has flourished within our culture of inclusion and diversity. We believe in working hard for our clients each day and in taking care of our employees so they are empowered to do their very best work. It is our mission to provide the highest quality, cost-effective legal services to our clients.
Our firm offers a rewarding work environment that values a work-life balance and fosters a culture of professional growth and opportunities. We provide a comprehensive compensation package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, and sick time.
As the Staff Accountant, you will:
- Perform accounting functions for the Business Real Estate Group, including accounts receivable collections, client billing, and client refunds
- Facilitate wire transfer requests
- Create monthly compensation and bonus reports
- Create accounts receivable reports based on attorney billing
- Perform bank account reconciliations; assist with the submission of bank statements to our third-party accounting firm
- Perform reconciliations/postings of merchant fees and account analyses of benefits accounts and specified balance sheet accounts
- Assist with monthly online billing submissions using CounselLink, Tymetrix, Legal Tracker, and CounselGo
- Review and post inter-departmental billing transactions
- Perform month-end journal entries
- Accept collection credit card payments by phone
- Provide backup support to Collection Staff Accountant in performing trust accounting for the Business Real Estate Group and Landlord Tenant practice group
Position is full-time; Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm.
This position is temporarily approved to be performed remotely in accordance with our COVID-19 remote work policy. It is expected that the successful candidate will eventually perform the position exclusively from the office.
We are looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute
- High-volume typing or data entry skills with low error rate
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Versatile computer skills
- Strong communication skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Previous experience in a law firm environment
- Experience with ProLaw
Candidates must have their own equipment necessary to work remotely, including a personal computer or laptop and a reliable internet connection. We offer reimbursement for internet and cell phone usage for business purposes.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and visitors alike. Our internal safety measures include alternating schedules, socially-distanced office spaces, daily temperature checks, plexiglass shields, and frequent sanitization. Employees, clients, and visitors are required to wear face coverings inside the office at all times.
Click HERE to apply.
Candidates who meet the criteria for the position will be contacted for the next step in the hiring process. Interviews are currently being conducted by phone or video with possible in-person interviews for finalist candidates.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.